February 26, 2010

My Mama (updated)

My mama is gone. I can hardly type the words. This is all very surreal. And my babies hearts are broken.

Thank you for all of your prayers and kind words. I can't believe she is gone. Taken so very quickly on my baby sister's 25th birthday. We were all with her when she passed, though it had been many days since she was herself. I'm so very thankful to my Joe for letting me spend every hour I could there with her-including many, many nights.

She fought the fight but her body was to weak to keep up with all the blows dealt her way, in the end. I know she knew we were all there. She responded to all of us today.

If you are far away but want to something- I know many if you have asked- please donate blood or plasma. They used so much in the last few days trying to save her. We are still trying to set arrangements. I'll post when we know.

ARRANGEMENTS:

Family will accept visitors Monday from 6p-8p at Fitzgerald's Southwood chapel on 91st in Tulsa b/t Harvard & Yale. Memorial service 11am Tues in Bartlesville at First Christian 6th & Osage. Private burial, Calvary Cemetary. 

I've deactivated mom's personal FB account, but there is a new page where we wecome you to become a member and leave messages, condolences or photos. Simply search for Dana Biggs Johns under Facebook Pages.  Blessings to everyone who prayed for her, and our family.

 



9 comments:

Cindy said...

I am very sorry for your loss.

{katrina} said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. XoXo

southerninspiration said...

I am so sorry for your loss.....
suzanne

Amanda said...

I am so sorry- praying for you and your family. I lost my father unexpectedly 2 years ago-the hardest thing I had to do was tell my 5yo daughter that her Pappy had died. *hugs* to you!!!! lots of *hugs*

Patrice said...

I am so sorry to hear this news, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

The 4-Crows Blog said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry. I heart ache's for you. You and your family are in my prayers. I love you and am here for you.

bridget {bake at 350} said...

I saw your tweets last night and have been thinking of you. I lost my mom to cancer 10 years ago this Sunday. You'll see her in your life, I promise. I think I see my mom in random pennies on the ground and in my pockets and cardinals flying across my path. She's still with me and yours is still with you.

I make a point to talk about her to my son. He was just 1 when she died and, of course, doesn't remember her. But, I talk about her a lot...when I make one of her recipes, when I am correcting his grammar (she loved grammar) and other things.

You might like this from a friend's blog (it's short):
http://slap-dashdoings.blogspot.com/2010/02/on-her-birthday.html

Take care. ♥

Jill of All Trades said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. It's is hard to lose your Momma. Rely on your friends (and us) to let it out and depend on.

Christine said...

I have been thinking about you these last couple of days. So, so sorry.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin