February 18, 2009

Fro' Me to You: Brownies (& Not the kind you eat)

In celebration of Girl Scout Cookie Delivery at We are THAT Family, I decided upon this cute little photograph for the Thursday Fro' Me to You post this week. Taken about 1982-ish, it's me and my little brownie troop 43. I can even name us all. Me? You can't miss me there in the back- I am the tallest. I was usually one of the tallest. A fate which has also been inherited by my girl- who people ask often if she is in the 2nd grade. No, she is 4, I reply and then they look at me as if I am crazy. I mean it's nothing to complain about. (Except in like 7th grade when all the boys are like a foot shorter. It's a little awkward then.) Anyway-I was certain that no little scout had even come to ask me to buy any cookies this year. But, no. My husband informed me the other day, that one or two had in fact come here for cookies sales. Uh- what? And you didn't buy any? What kind of person are you anyway? Yea. I'm still in shock about it. It's just crazy. More crazy is that I DO NOT HAVE ANY GIRL SCOUT COOKIES. No thin mints. No samoas. It's really, really, sad. Really sad.








Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites add to kirtsy

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey If you need Cookies Lidia is selling them. She talked me into being her leader last year so now I have 12 Daisy scouts! It's our first year for cookie sales. Just e-mail me if you'd like any. :)ldsmom3x@yahoo.com

ThatsBaloney said...

I can't wait for my cookies to come in. Tagalongs and Thin Mints.
I freeze the mints and eat them that way. YUM.

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, I was the girl scout leader for my girls for 8 years. We always had about 200 cases of cookies to deliver when they came each year. And I always bought a case of each kind and put them in the freezer. I really miss the samoas! but then, i can't eat them now since I found out I am gluten intolerant.

a Tonggu Momma said...

NO samoas? NO thin mints? I don't know... in my house divorce would be imminent. (Not really. But it still wouldn't be pretty.)

Heather said...

If my hubby ever turned down Girl Scouts, I'd make him go door to door until he found where they lived in the neighborhood! Sadly, Girl Scouts don't go door to door around here. Now that you've totally made me want Thin Mints...

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

I feel for ya'. Are you sure you love this guy? (just kidding!) I was also the tallest. In first grade the only people taller than me were the teachers and twin brothers that were even freakishly taller than me. . .My son has inherited it. He is the same size as his 4th and 5th grade friends. He's in second grade. . .He's great at basketball, however!

Happy Mommy said...

I love some cookies! My kids are tall too, I am short, my husband the tall one. My daughter is 3 and she is taller than her 5 year old friends....

Kristen said...

I loved this! What a fantastic picture...think I'll share about the Girls in Brown next week!

Crayl said...

No cookies? That is sad. We didn't get any GS's at the door this year. In fact not one girl tried to sell us cookies this year. Weird. My son is tall like you and your girls.

Jerralea said...

I used to be a brownie! But I have no pics to prove it. I didn't realize it was Girl Scout Cookie time. I have some ordered, maybe they'll bring them by this weekend! Ahh...I love those thin mints!

Jen Milne said...

I was a Brownie, too. My poor mom was the leader and I took that opportunity to break out of my shell and try on a mean-girl persona, not so good...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin