February 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to Gigi


Yesterday was my mom's 60th birthday. As you know, we planned a surprise celebration, of sorts- at Los Cabos. Here mom is with her friend from college Judy, who came from Joplin, MO.

Here is Gigi and her cake that Grayce picked out herself. Grayce really wanted Barbie, but we talked her down to this.

The Mariachi band came over and seranaded her. Hayden thought it was a hoot. Gigi just thought she was coming to dinner with just us but we had a slew of people there she didn't know were coming. Besides Judy, Greg & Peggy came from Stroud along with my Granny (dad's mom), Dad's brother - my uncle Paul T. and Aunt Randa. AND as a surprise to all of us my cousin Matt, too- who I haven't seen since Gavin was a baby because he lives in Alabama. My Mamaw (mom's mom) and both sisters with their other's were there too, of course. It was a big table. AND, it almost went off with out a hitch except my sister's messed up the times. SO, it was a lot of waiting and we did have to surprise her in the waiting area! Oh well, she was still surprised either way.

That being said, I can now let the children resume calling her. We didn't talk to her last week because they cannot keep a secret. At all. :-)
(PS. No, I don't know why everyone has their arms crossed. Funny)




Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites add to kirtsy
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

That is funny how the all have there arms crossed, and that you had to not call, because the kids might tell. :)

Tammy said...

I am cracking up over her in the hat! Such fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin