January 20, 2010

WFMW: The EYES Have It



So, it's come to my attention there are a LOT of ladies who do not in fact, know how to apply eye make-up. And, I 've been asked to help several times.  I am tired of answering one by one, so I'm making it a post! And, a WFMW post at that!

I am not an expert, but I do get a fair share of people who tell me they like mine. That being said, I am sure there are many people who do not- they maybe just don't speak up so much. And, fine by me.

While I am an Arbonne lady- and that is what I use, I have always been interested in opening the eye- as I have very small almondy eyes. I have read a fair share of info on the subject and used THOUSANDS of products. The way I wear mine is a compulation of what I think is easiest and looks best.

So, above, I show you my naked eye. *shudder*
1.Then, first, apply a little highlight shade of white shadow, under my brow and on top of my cheek bone, and also the inside corner of my eye. Just a smidge.
2.Then, I use black eyeliner mostly, but sometimes brown. Starting about 3/4 in I make one large line all the way out.
3. Right after this I apply one light coat of mascara.
4. Then, I use an angled brush- and ONLY an angled brush. See that dark shade of blue and the bronzy brown next to it above there? That what I mixed today. Why?  I always wear dark- and it was better for the pictures. If you were wondering. Start almost in the inside corner of your eye and make a sweeping arch over to the end of your eyeliner. Fill in a bit more of a triangle on the outer corner with a quick back motion. See? Easy.
5. Then, re-coat your mascara. I have tried every single mascara ever in the history of make-up since 1987. Arbonne is the best. I would say it even if I didn't sell it. A close, but still far second is Covergirl Lash Blast.

**Adding liner all the way into the corner, makes the eye appear smaller, as does liner on the bottom. You'll notice I do not apply anything to the bottom excpet mascara. If I do a smoky eye- then I will blend shadow, not liner, from the middle bottom outward using the angled brush. The angled brush is your friend. Everyone must own one!**


Voila.
Questions? Just ask.
EYE'll be glad to help.

FOR MORE WFMW visit the one and ONLY Kristen at We are THAT Family or click over on the button on the left!






Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites add to kirtsy
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tammy said...

You've got it going on.....looks great!

The 4-Crows Blog said...

Wow, I love this! Honestly though, I'm stuck and probably never will be able to get out of my old "rutine"!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin